- The top 3 stressors for parents/carers were (i) their children’s education, (ii) work (even in jobs that were secure), and (iii) their children’s screen-time.
- Nearly 2/3 of parents/carers reported that they were sufficiently meeting the needs of both work and their child with 1/3 reporting that they were only meeting their needs a bit or not at all.
- Less than half of the parents reported that their child completed 2 or more hours of schoolwork per day.60% of adolescents and 23% of children were completing 2 or more hours of schoolwork per day.
- More than1/2adolescentsare keeping in daily contact with friends via WhatsApp app/texting and social media.
- Around 3/4 of children and young people are getting more than 30 minutes of exercise per day.
- The top ways children and adolescents combined are spending their time is i) Schoolwork ii) Watching TV/Netflix/Films/YouTube iii) Listening to Music iv) Playing video or computer games.