This report outlines the changes in child mental health and parental financial stress 3 years after the start of the COVID-19 pandemic and Co-SPACE study in March 2020.
Key findings based on parent/carer reports within the Co-SPACE sample are:
- Children’s behavioural and attentional difficulty scores have remained the same since October 2022.
- On average, children’s emotional difficulty scores have increased since October 2022.
- Children with SEN/ND and those from low-income and single adult households continue to show elevated behavioural, emotional and attentional difficulties relative to the rest of the Co-SPACE sample.
- On average, participating parents’ financial stress scores have decreased since October 2022.
- Financial stress scores, in general, were higher among parents of children with SEN/ND, from single adult or lower income households than the sample as a whole.
You can read the full report by clicking “Download Full Report” above.