This supplementary report was produced at the request of the Department of Health and Social Care. This report provides cross-sectional data from approximately 2565 parents/carers who have answered questions about accessing advice, help and support in relation to their child’s response to COVID-19, isolation and/or family relationships.
These questions were added to the survey on 01/06/20. Participants completed these questions in the survey between 01/06/20and 21/06/2020, either as part of the initial survey or the monthly follow-up survey.
In this supplementary report, we focus on:
- Whether parents and carers have been accessing advice and support in relation to parenting and family relationships
- Which people/organisations parents and carers trust advice from
- How parents and carers have accessed this advice and support
- Whether or not they have found it useful
These responses are examined for the following specific groups:
- Child/Parent MH condition
- Whether the child receives support for:
- MH/emotional/behavioural difficulties o Support from social services
- Educational support